Eight Senators, Republicans John McCain and Jeff Flake of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Marco Rubio of Florida and Democrats Chuck Schumer of New York, Michael Bennet of Colorado, Dick Durbin of Illinois, and Robert Menendez of New Jersey joined, behind closed doors, well-funded special interest groups and cobbled together an ObamaCare approach to immigration.
This bill, S. 744, grants immediate amnesty to the estimated 11 million illegal aliens in the country and only promises for future plans to secure the border. The bill also grants broad new powers to the scandal-ridden Obama Administration and will cost an estimated $6.3 trillion.
A broad coalition of activists, journalists and scholars throughout the country signed the letter below objecting to S. 744. We invite you to join them by adding your name to express your dissent.
After registering your objection to S. 744. Please take a moment to call your Senators at 202-224-3121. Tell them you just signed this letter and that you expect them to vote NO on the Gang of 8 bill!
- Over 150 conservative leaders, groups sign letter opposing Gang of 8 bill
- Conservative Leaders, Activists Announce Opposition to Immigration Bill
- Big-name conservatives rally against Senate immigration bill
- The Wrong Way to Reform Immigration
- Conservatives Concerned About Immigration
- Conservatives declare opposition to Senate immigration bill
- Conservatives, tea party leaders seek to block immigration bill
- Conservatives, Tea Partiers Launch Coalition to Stop Immigration Reform Bill
- Tea partiers reject immigration reform